Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

Are the following sentences grammatically correct?

"According to the plan, when Kevin arrives tomorrow, he will sit. After a few minutes of that, Karl will go to the kitchen, and he will complain that he is out of ice. Then he will leave the house to buy ice. Mark will talk to Kevin, and then “the visit” will begin. I will be in the other room, calibrating the equipment with Kelly.", Patrick said.

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The whole thing is unclear to me.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
It looks like the script of a drama to me where each action is planned out.

According to the plan, when Kevin arrives tomorrow, he will sit.
- I find this sentence strange.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar and tedmc:

First of all, thanks for your kind answer.

Patrick is talking to Karl, Mark and Amber. He is telling them about the plan that they will follow when Kevin arrives.

When Kevin arrive to the apartment, he will sit in a chair, because they know him, and he always sit in specifical chair. Karl will tell a lie. After Karl is out of the scene, Mark will talk to his friend Kevin and then, the visit of the "ghost" will start.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
"According to the plan, when Kevin arrives tomorrow [STRIKE], he will[/STRIKE] and sits in his usual chair, [STRIKE]After a few minutes of that,[/STRIKE] Karl will go to the kitchen after a few minutes, and he will complain that he is out of ice. Then he will leave the house to buy ice. Mark will talk to Kevin, and then “the visit” will begin. I will be in the other room, calibrating the equipment with Kelly.", Patrick said.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
When Kevin arrive to the apartment, he will sit in a chair, because they know him, and he always sit in specifical chair.

This is far from clear in the sentence. It suggests a typical action rather than a typical location.

Status
Not open for further replies.