Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

After a series of broken relationships with about half a dozen women, Kevin took stock of his love life. It occurred to him that all those women had used him only as an ATM. There was never real love but just play and sex. He'd have been better off if he had gone to prostitutes. At least he'd have known what he was getting in return for money. He was angry with himself for not figuring out what he had turned into in the eyes of his lovers. They must have taken him for a fool and laughed behind his back.

He stared at his reflection in the kitchen window and shook his head. "I swear," he said," they'll never again put one over on me." Outside in the darkness, large snowflakes floated down, carried by the wind. In the morning, everything would be covered in deep snow, and the commuters would struggle through the snow-bound streets to get to work in time. Kevin slowly got up from the chair and washed his empty teacup under the tap. He had to get used to loneliness until he mentally became stronger.

He lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep. He imagined living completely alone in wilderness, surrounded by wolves, bears, foxes and other animals. Of course, he would struggle to keep himself warm, clean and protected, but he would never feel manipulated. Kevin reached out, but his hand didn't touch a woman's body but the smooth surface of a sateen sheet, and he groaned with disappointment.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I would prefer after a series of breakups, but broken relationships is not wrong.

:x-mas:

Status
Not open for further replies.