Diary - I've been watching a Korean series called "Chicken Nugget" since yesterday

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been watching a Korean series called "Chicken Nugget" since yesterday. After watching the first episode, I couldn't image who would come up with such a bizarre plot; the daughter of a factory owner went inside a mysterious machine and transformed into a chicken nugget. The owner and one of his employees then began an ordeal to find out how to get her back. I'm curious about whether they can find her and why they were picked to receive the machine.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I've been watching a Korean series called "Chicken Nugget" since yesterday. After watching the first episode, I CAN'T IMAGINE who would come up with such a bizarre plot; the daughter of a factory owner went inside a mysterious machine and transformed into a chicken nugget. The owner and one of his employees then began an ordeal to find out how to get her back TO THE WAY SHE WAS BEFORE. I'm curious about whether they can find her and why they were picked to receive the machine.
The first sentence is perfectly grammatical but weird because of the ending. I might say: "I'm watching a Korean TV series. I watched the first episode yesterday.

I'm not sure I understand that last sentence at all.
🌞

Breakfast time!

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I'm not sure I understand that last sentence at all.
Somebody put the machine outside the factory, and the employees mistakenly thought it was the machine they ordered. I wonder why the machine owner picked this factory.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Well, it's fiction, so you might never find out.

You can't really turn somebody into a chicken nugget, thank goodness!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Presumably if you watch more episodes you'll find out why that machine ended up outside that factory.