Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
After installation, one of the pendant lights' crystal trimmings was found to be damaged. However, we have replaced it with one taken from the cancelled pendant lights in the ballroom, but we have to re-order this trimming set for the cancelled lights; otherwise, this light will be useless.

After installation of the pendant lights, we noticed that one of the pendant lights' crystal trimmings was found to be damaged. However, we have replaced the damaged trimmings with one taken from the cancelled pendant lights in the ballroom, but we have to re-order this trimming set for the cancelled lights; otherwise, this light will be useless.

Please advise me which one is grammatically correct and appropriate one?

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
What do you mean by "cancelled pendant lights"?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Are these your own sentences, MAJSH?

If so, who are you writing to?

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank your for kind help on this.

The client reduced the lights in the ballroom, so we had used the trimming set from those cancelled lights for the lights damaged in the VIP hall area.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you for helping me to correct my sentences.

We should inform the procurement department to re-order this part; otherwise, we can't use this lights for future projects.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thank your for kind help on this.

The client reduced the lights in the ballroom, so we had used the trimming set from those cancelled lights for the lights damaged in the VIP hall area.

You don't call them cancelled light. You can call them spare/unused/extra lights which you make use of the trimmings as spare parts to replace the same damaged on the new light fitting, while waiting for the new parts to be ordered and delivered.

MAJSH

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Once again, thank you for your kind help. I tried to re-word the sentences, so please check it and advise me if they are worded correctly.

After installation, one of the pendant lights' crystal trimmings was found to be damaged. However, we had replaced it with one taken from the spare pendant lights (which were removed from the ballroom), but we have to re-order this trimming set for these lights; otherwise, this light will be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.