Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Malay
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Singapore
Hi, I would appreciate it if someone could help me by editing this email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to appeal your decision not to grant a work permit for my Malaysian candidate.

Over the past two years, the Covid-19 pandemic has badly affected our business. Consequently, 12 production workers have left us due to lesser take-home income as a result of low overtime work.

Our sales have recently started picking up, which is good news for the country since we are an exporter.

However, we are struggling to fulfill customer orders due to the current manpower shortage. We are still trying to hire local people but considering our workplace location which happens to be at the very far west of Singapore, most local people are not willing to work here.

To address our manpower issue, we have to employ Malaysian workers to fill up the manpower gap. Although there are quite a number of Malaysian coming into Singapore for jobs everyday, it is still challenging to recruit workers amid high job supply in the current job market.

Just so you're aware, we are the only company in Singapore that manufactures transformers' insulation components locally. If we keep failing to meet customer demand as a result of shortage of worker, our customers may switch to our competitor, which is to say, they will order goods from other countries.

In view of the above, we would like to request you to re-consider and grant a work permit for our candidate.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think you appeal against a decision that has been made, not "appeal for a decision" or "appeal a decision".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You can "appeal a decision", "appeal against a decision" but not "appeal for a decision".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
low overtime- How about little overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.