Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Dear Teacher,

This is a follow-up question regarding the museum tour reservation.

I wish to know what is the difference between people book/ reserve/ apply for a tour. Can I call people who reserve/ book museum tours as 'applicants'?

I thank you very much for your help!

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please correct your profile information before you post again. Your native language is not Yiddish.

JM00698695

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
My native language is Hakka...but it is not listed in the options!

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My native language is Hakka...but it is not listed in the options!
I'm sorry your language isn't listed. Please choose a Chinese dialect that's related to Hakka.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Dear teachers,[/STRIKE] There is no need for any kind of salutation in posts. Just go ahead and ask your question.

This is a follow-up question regarding the museum tour reservation.

I wish to know [STRIKE]what is[/STRIKE] the difference between people booking/reserving/applying for a tour. Can I call people who reserve/book museum tours [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] 'applicants'?

[STRIKE]I thank you very much for your help![/STRIKE] Thank us after we help you, by clicking on the "Thank" button.

Please note my corrections above. The corrections/comments to the first and last sentences were already given in your previous thread. Please follow our advice.

Please give us a complete sentence in which you might use "applicants" in that way.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hakka is a Chinese dialect; the language is Chinese.

JM00698695

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thanks! My question is when a person books our museum tour, can I call this person as an applicant?

I am asking because we try to make an online booking system that can automatically reply to people who book the tours. I am not sure if we can use a saluation such as 'Dear applicant'.

I will also be grateful to know the difference between 'Thank you for booking our tour' and 'Thank you for applying for our tour'.

Our tours are free. But I have heard some people say that booking a tour implies a fee which will be incurred. Is it always the case?

Cheers!

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks! My question is: when a person books our museum tour, can I call this person [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] an applicant?

I would call the person who makes a booking a visitor, as you would with people to other places of interest. Normally, applicants go through a screening process before they are approved while visitors do not.

I am asking because we try to make an online booking system that can automatically reply to people who book [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] our tours. I am not sure if we can [STRIKE]use a saluation such[/STRIKE] address them as 'Dear applicant'.

I will also be grateful to know the difference between 'Thank you for booking our tour' and 'Thank you for applying for our tour'. Use the former, or "thank you for your interest in our tour".

Our tours are free. But I have heard some people say that booking a tour implies a fee which will be incurred. Is it always the case? No, bookings do not always incur a fee.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Can I call people who reserve/ book museum tours as 'applicants'?

Once the booking has been made, they cannot be applicants to me. An applicant has not got the answer, someone with a ticket has.

Status
Not open for further replies.