At/On/In the bottom right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- We all need someone we can lean at.
- The water's great! Come at in!
- And when two lovers woo, / They both say "I love you," / At that you can rely . . . .

I doubt this exercise is really helpful. On this kind of question, sometimes it's better to just set it aside for a few years, then come back to it after you've learned a bit more.

I totally agree with you. It actually works. But those examples aren't even remotely related to the topic. :roll:

I totally agree with you. It actually works. But those examples aren't even remotely related to the topic. :roll:

They're demonstrating that on is often the only possible preposition by incorrectly replacing it with at.

But those examples aren't even remotely related to the topic. :roll:

The examples specifically answered the question "Can [you] guys please give me a few examples where 'at' wouldn't work?"

You asked for examples of sentences with at instead of on that don't work. That's exactly what I gave you. I didn't understand why you wanted them or how they could help, but I gave you some anyway.

Be happy!

Thank you guys as always. I learned what I could and may be I'll revive this post again when I face another similar problem.

Please start a new thread if/when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back