Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Burmese
Home Country
Myanmar
Current Location
Myanmar
Why don't reduce the Adverbs using in writing and what is the impact of it?

InKhum Kyaw

Why don't we reduce the Adverbs using adverbs used in writing and what is the impact of it?

InKhum Kyaw
Why would you want to reduce adverbs, in particular, in writing?

Is that your own question or is it taken from somewhere?

Why don't I/we/people reduce the number of adverbs using used in writing and, if that happened, what is would be the impact? of it?

InKhum Kyaw Unnecessary. We can see your username.

Note my corrections above. I don't understand your question.

It depends- removing yesterday will have a negative impact, while stringing adverbs and adjectives together to fake a style won't work.

If people reduce the number of adverbs they use it might result in me saying "Huh?" less often.
😀

Is that your question or is it taken from somewhere?

Yes, that is my genuine question, and I got it while doing self-study by reading articles online. It made me take them seriously, but I didn't fully understand what they meant. I am looking forward to being able to support the comprehension of this.

Note my corrections above. I don't understand your question.
Thanks for correcting my incomprehensible question, I meant that you rephrased.

Unfortunately, that's about as clear as mud.

First, you don't need to say it's a genuine question. (We don't get many fake questions here.) So that's one too many modifiers.

I am unclear about what you intend to take seriously.

I don't understand the last sentence at all.

I suggest that you write shorter, simpler sentences.

If people think that filling sentences with adjectives and adverbs makes them more expressive or creative, they are probably wrong- use them when they add to the sentence. Overuse of these is common in poor writing.

Unfortunately, that's about as clear as mud.

First, you don't need to say it's a genuine question. (We don't get many fake questions here.) So that's one too many modifiers.

I am unclear about what you intend to take seriously.

I don't understand the last sentence at all.

I suggest that you write shorter, simpler sentences.
Thanks for your kindly instructions and We will try to make the writing style as simple as suggested, Sir!

That's very polite of you.

Is there more than one if you?

("We" should not be capitalized except at the start of a sentence.)

Thanks for your kindly instructions advice. and We I will try to make the writing style as simple write simply, as suggested. Sir!

Note my corrections above. Don't refer to users here as "Sir". It's very formal and it suggests you think we are all men. We are not.

And they should be kind instructions. ;)

What's wrong with adverbs? I use adverbs in writing all the time and no one said me that I make a mistake.

What's wrong with adverbs? I use adverbs in writing all the time and no one said has told me that I make have made/am making a mistake.

There's nothing wrong with adverbs in general. However, many writers unnecessarily litter their texts with them (and adjectives).

That's very polite of you.

Is there more than one of you?

("We" should not be capitalized except at the start of a sentence.)
Be more careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back