Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
(From a TOEIC test)

Joel Bookstore
Autumn Selection Brochure​

Information for Customers:
Please look through our new brochure. Starting on page 4, in our Food and Otink section, you will find titles of interest for professional chefs and food lovers in both commercial and private kitchens. Our Travel and Tourism section on page 6 includes travel guides and phrase books to assist you wherever you visit this autumn. For all the latest on commercial and residential construction, see our selection of Design and Archtieoture titles (page 8). Renowned experts highlight the most recent business trends in the Management and Business section, along with The Sales and Marketing Encyclopedia, which is publicly recognizes as the best seller of the year beginning on page 10.

[...]

(Source)
-----
I think that there should be a comma before "beginning on page 10". I mean, that part seems to refer to "the Management and Business section", so adding a comma would make that clearer.

What do you think?

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Right.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Information for Customers:
Please look through our new brochure. Starting on page 4, in our Food and Otink section, you will find titles of interest for professional chefs and food lovers in both commercial and private kitchens. Our Travel and Tourism section on page 6 includes travel guides and phrase books to assist you wherever you visit this autumn. For all the latest on commercial and residential construction, see our selection of Design and Archtieoture titles (page 8). Renowned experts highlight the most recent business trends in the Management and Business section, along with The Sales and Marketing Encyclopedia, which is publicly recognizes as the best seller of the year beginning on page 10.

I agree with you. I'm fairly appalled at the three major spelling errors in that test, though. The three relevant words are in bold and red above.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ahahaha - here I was earlier googling "otink" not realizing it was a typo. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
[...] I'm fairly appalled at the three major spelling errors in that test, though. The three relevant words are in bold and red above.
Ahahaha - here I was earlier googling "otink" not realizing it was a typo.
Sorry for that, my bad. That's because I took a photo of the page, used optical character recognition (as I was lazy to type the whole passage :ROFLMAO:), and proofread it myself. The three spelling errors were just in my version, not in the original page.

I'll be more careful next time. :oops:

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Joel Bookstore seems to be a Christian bookstore, which seems an odd choice for a text for such an international and multicultural exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.