"Books are getting less important for knowledge, and they are also less relevant in terms of recreation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Igbo
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
"Books are getting less important for knowledge, and they are also less relevant in terms of recreation."

1. Were 'for' and 'in terms of' used grammatically here?

2. I feel this statement has the same meaning with this: "Books are losing importance as a source of information and entertainment." Am I right?

Last edited:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Please tell us the source and author of the quoted sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm pretty certain I told you in your last thread that, in a numbered list, you should follow the number with a full stop or a bracket, but not both.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm so offended by this sentence, I can't even focus on the grammar question.....:mad:

In fact, I just read an article the other day talking about the importance of reading, both for pleasure and knowledge. What I found vexing was the author (some young millennial turk) wrote as if this was a brand new discovery or revelation....:rolleyes:

Just a day or so later, I read another article suggesting that you learn more vocabulary by reading fiction than non-fiction. I'm uncertain I agree, but I found the premise an interesting debate.

To try and bring my soapbox rant back on topic - the answer to both your questions is 'yes', although I reject the validity of the statement itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.