Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?

v0031

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Czech Republic
“I hope people like me who have a physical disability as a result of accidents will one day be able to stand up again,” said Li Anqiang.
Li Anqiang, 33, is a doctor working on prosthetic rehabilitation (假肢康复). He has been using artificial (人造的) legs for 15 years in his daily study and work since the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008. After being trapped underground for a full day and night, his legs had to be amputated(截肢).
He soon returned to school but felt hopeless. “To take care of me, my parents had to leave their jobs, and I had no idea what I would do with the rest of my life,” he said. He finally plucked up the courage to spend another five months in rehabilitation and training to live with prosthetic legs.
After hard work, Li went to Sichuan University and later he got the chance to study abroad.
At the end of 2019, Li returned to Chengdu and began to make videos on social media about his life with prosthetic legs. Many people who experienced amputations commented (评论) on his videos. He found that many of them could not walk freely because they didn’t have professional rehabilitation exercises. This encouraged him to work on prosthetics and rehabilitation.
“I believe that the world is beautiful. Even though it can be difficult to get around, we should still go out and see the world,” Li said. He also hopes that society can be more open-minded to those with disabilities. “I hope that one day when we walk down the street, we are treated no differently than people with glasses,” Li added.

After reading this, I wrote a question for my students.

2.How many months does he spend in rehabilitation and training to live with prosthetic legs?
A. 10
B. 5
C. 180
D. 132

Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
After reading this, I write wrote a question for my students.

2. space here How many months does he spend in rehabilitation and training to live with prosthetic legs?
A. 10
B. 5
C. 180
D. 132

Can I have 10 months as the intended answer? Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?Can I have 10 months as the intended answer?
Please note my corrections above. Before we help you, we need to know where you found the original article and who wrote it. It's a legal requirement that you cite your source.

v0031

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please note my corrections above. Before we help you, we need to know where you found the original article and who wrote it. It's a legal requirement that you cite your source.
Thanks for correction. It's from chatgpt.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for the corrections. It's from chatgpt.
Why are you choosing to read content from AI instead of reading natural English written by native speakers?

v0031

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Czech Republic
Why are you choosing to read content from AI instead of reading natural English written by native speakers?
I'm an English teacher in China.I read a lot every day,both from gpt and native speakers.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It says he spent "another five months in rehabilitation" without mentioning how much time he had spent in rehabilitation in the first place.

Where did you get your figure from?

It should be in past tense, thus: "How much time did he spend in rehabilitation?"

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The question is a complete failure. All answers are wrong, and the information needed to answer the question is not even in the text.

The word another at first means that it is not five months of rehabilitation, but an unspecified time longer than that. An alternative reading would be that another means 'in addition to the fifteen years previously mentioned'. But it isn't stated that those fifteen years were spent in rehabilitation.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm an English teacher in China. space here I read a lot of text every day, by both from ChatGPT and native speakers.
Then why does your member profile say that your current location is the Czech Republic?