Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I was hosting a local English club for kids. Now, my friend Gary, starts a new English club for kids. Gary and I both believe that the only way to help kids learn is to teach them idiomaitc English because teachers here at schools use Chinglish materials and wrong expressions. I once wanted to change the situation by hosting that English club for kids but for many reasons, I stopped running that club. Now, Gary starts a new one so I told some of my friends who are parents and interested "I believe Gary can change the situation to teach kids idiomatic English".

Is my italic sentence natural?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I [STRIKE]was hosting[/STRIKE] used to host a local English club for kids. Now, my friend Gary no comma here [STRIKE]starts[/STRIKE] has started a new [strike]English club for kids[/strike] one. Gary and I both believe that the only way to help kids learn is to teach them idiomatic English; [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] most teachers [STRIKE]here[/STRIKE] at schools here use Chinglish materials and [STRIKE]wrong expressions[/STRIKE] incorrect vocabulary/grammar. I [STRIKE]once[/STRIKE] wanted to change the situation by hosting [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] an English club for kids but, for many reasons, I stopped running [STRIKE]that club[/STRIKE] it. Now, Gary [STRIKE]starts[/STRIKE] has started a new one so I told some of my friends, who are parents and interested in his club, "I believe Gary can change the situation [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] by teaching kids idiomatic English".

Is my italic sentence natural?

emsr2d2

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Change the game?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
FYI, Silver, many BE speakers prefer to call youngsters children, pupils, teenagers or students rather than kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.