Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Can you please have a look at the attached pages?

1. Exercise 1, page 2. Although the correct answer of "correspondingly" (page 4) is the class of "equation", it is confusing for me - I would refer it to both classes of "equation" and "conclusion". Does it make sense?
2. Exercise 2 (7), page 2. All power corrupts. ......., absolute power corrupts absolutely. The correct answer is limited just to "equation". However, I would choose in addition, that is to say, "therefore" (conclusion) as from my perspective such statements could readily refer to teh structure of typical logical conclusions. Please comment.

3. Exercise 2. Items 8,9, 10 are confusing as no alterantives are possible. Morever, the author's explanation does not help and further complicates. Have you the same view? Thank you.

Attachments

• Export of Check Your English Vocabulary for IELTS Essential words and phrases to help you maxi...pdf
    399.1 KB · Views: 7

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
1. No, there's nothing conclusive about correspondingly.
2. Firstly, in addition does not express conclusion. Secondly, conclusion is not appropriate here.
3. The answers in the key are good. 8 and 9 express summary and 10 expresses consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.