Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi,
Is "crocs" a type of flip flops, or just a brand name? (It comes from crocodile, I guess.)
What is the name for a type of flip flop which is covered in front?

Many thanks.

Did you take a degree in googling, BC? I sit there wondering how to word my search and - KAPOW! - your response, with link, is posted.

Very FUNNY! :-D

Reactions: 5jj
Did you take a degree in googling, BC? I sit there wondering how to word my search and - KAPOW! - your response, with link, is posted.
I just googled "fake crocs"... :)

As Birdeen mentioned, "Crocs" are a brand name of shoe/sandal. Not quite flip-flops, although they do tend to make that flip-floppy "slap" noise on your heel when you walk. As for a flip-flop with a covered front, there are many different names, depending upon the specific design of the shoe....sometimes even bedroom slippers fit that description.

As Birdeen mentioned, "Crocs" are a brand name of shoe/sandal. Not quite flip-flops, although they do tend to make that flip-floppy "slap" noise on your heel when you walk. As for a flip-flop with a covered front, there are many different names, depending upon the specific design of the shoe....sometimes even bedroom slippers fit that description.

Thanks a lot. What if they're used for outdoor purposes? (still covered at the front!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back