Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Hello.

First of all, thanks for all the help and time.

I want to ask a question that I asked before, but this time I will attempt to write it in the past tense (last time was in the present tense).

https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/threads/238217-Jeff-opens-the-curtains-of-the-department

The reason is that I am not sure that I know how to change from the present tense to the past tense. Because I made mistakes with that before (in the present tense I also made mistakes, but I want to improve my written English.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel sat on the couch, to prove that everything will work for the event they will have in the night. Following Daniel's suggestions Jeff opened the curtains of the apartment, turned off the lights, and walked to the shelf, plugging the electric cable of the lamps.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar:

Sorry I did not made the changes from the last corrections. Now I made them.

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Sorry, I did not [STRIKE]made[/STRIKE] make the changes from the last corrections. Now I've made them.
Good! That's how you can improve. ;-)

Daniel sat on the couch to prove that everything will work for the event they will have in the night.
I think that "prove" is the wrong word there. What has sitting on the couch got to do with proving anything? Also, do you mean "that night"? What kind of event? Are they staging it? Please elaborate.

Following Daniel's suggestions, Jeff opened the curtains of the apartment, turned off the lights, and walked to the shelf [STRIKE], plugging the electric cable of[/STRIKE] and plugged the lamps in.

Nikitus

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Chile
Current Location
Chile
Dear teechar:

Once again, thanks for your help.

Daniel was sitting on the couch, because the will throw a party and also they will make a practical joke on his friend Kevin. They need to prove that all the equipment and special effects will work.

Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I think you need something like:

Daniel sat on the couch and chatted with Jeff to make sure that the prank they were planning to pull on Kevin that night would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.