Diary entry - I hope summer will end soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I hope summer will end soon. It's still very hot in September. These two days, I turned on the tap, and the water was hot. I don't even need hot water when I take the shower. One reason for this weather is that a typhoon is approaching us, and it's making everywhere muggy.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I hope summer will end soon. It's still very hot, even in September. [STRIKE]These[/STRIKE] The last two days (or Yesterday and today), I turned on the cold tap no comma here and the water was hot! I don't even need hot water when I take [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a shower. One reason for this [STRIKE]weather[/STRIKE] heat is that a typhoon is approaching [STRIKE]us,[/STRIKE] and it's making [STRIKE]everywhere[/STRIKE] it muggy.

Note my changes above. If you mean yesterday and the day before yesterday, use "The last two days". If you're including today, use "Yesterday and today".
It wouldn't be surprising for hot water to come out of the hot tap so it makes more sense to make it clear that the water from the cold tap was hot.
We "take a shower", not "the shower". In BrE, that would be "have a shower".

Status
Not open for further replies.