Diary entry - Last time, my dad used dishwater to clean the spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last time, my dad used dishwater to clean the spoon. This time, he used dishwater to clean his hands. I don't understand what happened to him. Is he lazy or he doesn't think dishwater is dirty? It's really wired. He doesn't want to wash his hands but he's okay when I sanitise his hand with alcohol.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Last time my dad washed a spoon, my dad he used dishwater to clean the spoon it. This time, he used dishwater to clean his hands. I don't understand what has happened to him. Is he lazy or he doesn't he think dishwater is dirty? It's really wired weird. He doesn't want to wash his hands but he's okay when I sanitise his hands with alcohol.

You seem to be suggesting that dishwater is always dirty. That's not the case. When we fill a sink or a bowl with hot water and add washing-up liquid to it, in preparation for washing up, it's perfectly clean. It gets gradually dirtier the more dishes etc you wash in it, of course. You need to make that distinction in your piece. As it stands, it's not at all unreasonable that someone would wash a spoon in dishwater. That's what it's for!

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
Can I write “gray colour dishwater”? Do people say that? The water mixed with food.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
No. Just say "dirty dishwater".

Status