Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

I'm watching a show about how twins' bodies would react to having vegan and omnivore diets for eight week. The show invited four pairs of twins; one of the twins took the vegan diet and the other took the omnivore diet. The scientists think that since the genes of the twins are the same so the test outcome would be more accurate. I've found it interesting to watch because I believe even though their genes are the same, there are many factors could affect their health such as pressure, workout or rest time. Let's see what would happened.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
They compared the two diets by having one twin use one and having the other twin use the other.

**eight weekS

They think they can learn more by comparing twins.

Most of us would call the omnivore diet a regular diet.

Let's see how things turn out.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm watching a show about how twins' bodies would react to having vegan and omnivore diets for eight weeks. The show invited four pairs of twins; one of the twins took was put on the vegan diet and the other took the omnivore diet. The scientists think that since the genes of the twins are the same, so the test outcome would be more accurate. I've found it interesting to watch because I believe even though their genes are the same, there are many factors that could affect their health, such as general pressure, their workout routines or and their rest time. Let's see what would happened. happens.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I wouldn't use "twins' bodies" there. I would just say they want to compare the two different diets, and they think a study with twins might be a good way to do it.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I don't like "twins" bodies" either. How about "the effect of different diets on twins"? I think "bodies" is understood.
one of the pairs of twins took the vegan diet and the other took the omnivore diet
I would add "the pairs of" to be clear that both are from the same pair and not different pairs.

I prefer "stress" to "pressure".