Diary - My teacher talked about news media today.

Maybo

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My teacher talked about news media today. I rarely watch TV now, and I don't read newspaper anymore. Instead, I read news online and get important information from forums these day. I remember that two years ago, when there was a war started, I knew that from a forum where people shared foreign news and videos. At that time, Hong Kong news agency hadn't announced any official statement about that until two or three hours later. To me, that was very slow. Therefore, I don't think I could get back to traditional media anymore because I don't have the patience I used to have.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

My teacher talked about news media today. I rarely watch TV now, and I don't read newspaper anymore. Instead, I read news online and get important information from forums these day. I remember that two years ago, when there was a war started, I knew got to know that it from a forum where people shared foreign news and videos. At that time, Hong Kong news agency (singular/plural? Use "the" if singular) hadn't didn't announced make any official statement about that until two or three hours later. To me, that was very slow. Therefore, I don't think I could get back to traditional media anymore because I don't have the patience I used to have.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I rarely watch TV now, and I don't read newspapers anymore. Instead, I read news online and get important information from forums these days. I remember that two years ago, when there was a war somewhere had started, I knew found that out from a forum where people shared foreign news and videos. At that time, Hong Kong news agency [ 1] hadn't announced made any official statement about that until two or three hours later. To me, that was very slow. Therefore, I don't think I could get back to following traditional media anymore because I don't have the patience I used to have.
[ 1]: If that is the name of a particular news agency, then you should capitalize it: Hong Kong News Agency. Otherwise if you are talking in general terms, say: Hong Kong news agencies.