Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Tomorrow is mid-autumn festival, and I'm ready to eat a lot of mooncakes. It's strange that I used to dislike mooncakes, but now I like them. I think ones' taste would change as they grow up; many things they found disgusting will become acceptable. When I was a child, I didn't understand why people like to drink coffee because it was extremely bitter. Over time, I've felt that it's become mild and is similar to chocolate. For alcohol, I don't think I would ever like it, it just smells like antiseptics to me.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

If I am an example, people's tastes change as they get older. They like things they used to dislike and vice versa.

dunchee

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
United States

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
This is an entry from my diary. Please check it and correct any mistakes.

Tomorrow is Mid-Autumn Festival, and I'm ready to eat a lot of mooncakes. It's strange that I used to dislike mooncakes, but now I (have grown to) like them. I think ones people's tastes would change as they grow up; many things they found find disgusting unappealing will become acceptable. When I was a child, I didn't understand why people like to drink coffee because it was extremely bitter to me. Over time, I've felt that it's become find it mild and is similar to chocolate. As for alcohol, I don't think I would ever like it as it just smells like antiseptics to me.
Happy Mid-Autumn (Mooncake) Festival!

Last edited: