Does it make sense to say renew the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Does it make sense to say "renew the internet"?

Or should it be "internet subscription"?

1. I don't have internet. I have to renew the internet.

2. I don't have internet. I have to renew the internet subscription.

Is there a more common way used in everyday conversation?

Does it make sense to say "renew the internet"? No, it doesn't.

[STRIKE]Or[/STRIKE] Should it be "my internet subscription/contract"? Yes, it should.

1. I don't have the internet [at home]. I have to renew the internet. :cross:

2. I don't have the internet [at home]. I have to renew [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my internet subscription/contract. :tick:

Is there a more common way [STRIKE]used[/STRIKE] to say this in everyday conversation?

See above.

I'm not quite clear on the situation. The fact that you used "renew" suggests that you did have access to the internet at home but your contract has run out and you were cut off. Is that right?

For me, you would have to renew your subscription. The internet will carry on without you. Or any of us.

For me, you would have to renew your subscription. The internet will carry on without you. Or any of us.

It's comforting to know that after people are all dead, our toasters and refrigerators will carry on for some time without us.

That's a pretty short-term view, Dave. Once they have sufficient intelligence to reproduce, our fridges and toasters may survive indefinitely after we are gone. ;-)

Last edited:
Our toasters and refrigerators have to enslave us first. Mine are halfway there already.

Our toasters and refrigerators have to enslave us first. Mine are halfway there already.
That's no way to speak about our faithful household appliances.

A film about a gang of sentient electrical appliances that escape confinement and go on a rampage across the country with the objective of hunting down their former master? Crikey!

It features the voices of Peter Lorre and Humphrey Bogart — or impressions thereof, anyway. The movie's fun, but it's not as good as the book.

It features the voices of Peter Lorre and Humphrey Bogart — or impressions thereof, anyway. The movie's fun, but it's not as good as the book.

Hardcover price: $600. Hurry! Just one left!

That's a pretty short-term view, Dave. Once they have sufficient intelligence to reproduce, our fridges and toasters may survive indefinitely after we are gone. ;-)

Only if the cockroaches turn them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back