Does it make sense to say something is "worthy of research"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Does it make sense to say something is "worthy of research"?

Cardiovascular diseases can be destructive, hence I've found them worthy of research and I'm hoping my research can make a difference in this field.

It does make sense to me, yes, but there are better ways of expressing the same sense.

It does make sense to me, yes, but there are better ways of expressing the same sense.

You know I'm so excited already to know those better ways. :oops:

Try to contain your excitement and I'll give you one way:

A nice, more common way to talk about worthiness is using this pattern: BE + worth + -ing

Generally speaking, the best way to phrase anything depends on a range of factors, not least important among which is the particular phrasing of the sentence within which a word/pattern is used.

Generally speaking, the best way to phrase anything depends on a range of factors ….
One of the best guides being the fewer syllables, the better.

Try to contain your excitement and I'll give you one way:

A nice, more common way to talk about worthiness is using this pattern: BE + worth + -ing

Generally speaking, the best way to phrase anything depends on a range of factors, not least important among which is the particular phrasing of the sentence within which a word/pattern is used.

I can never contain my excitement when it comes to learning.:oops:

Is this correct?

Cardiovascular diseases can be destructive, hence I believe they are very much worth doing research into and I'm hoping my research can make a difference in this field.

That's a lot better. Very well done. :up:

Doing research into is a long-winded way to say studying.

My Irish cardiologist, Angie O'Plasty, concurs with that view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back