Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hello,

could you tell me please, which is the right adjective "education" or "educational"?

thanx

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

could you tell me please, which is the right adjective "education" or "educational"?

thanx
How do we know? You haven't given a context.
Or are you asking whether they are both adjectives? A dictionary might help you there.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hello,

Could you tell me please, which is the right adjective "education" or "educational"?

Thanks

Please use standard English.

See below for Similar Threads, which the software has found for you thanks to your excellent title.
Rover

Nicky_K

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
See below for Similar Threads, which the software has found for you thanks to your excellent title.
Rover

Hello,

Thank you for correcting me. I've read those threads. I' ve also searched for the answer on the web. There is no explanation, why do we use sometimes "education" as an adjective and sometimes "educational". I know that we say "education system" or "educational problem". But what's the difference? The meaning is the same. E.g. there is no such word like "scientifical", there is only "scientific". But in this case we can use both "education" and "educational". There should be a difference between them.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
An education system provides education, but an educational situation is one you learn from- it doesn't offer you a complete education, but you learn something from it.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

Thank you for correcting me. I've read those threads. I' ve also searched for the answer on the web. There is no explanation, why do we use sometimes "education" as an adjective and sometimes "educational". I know that we say "education system" or "educational problem". But what's the difference? The meaning is the same. E.g. there is no such word like "scientifical", there is only "scientific". But in this case we can use both "education" and "educational". There should be a difference between them.
There is a difference; the meaning is not the same. There are other nouns that function as adjectives, similar to this.
For example, a psychology book is not the same as a psychological book. A school book isn't the same as a scholarly book. An economic plan is not the same as an economical plan. Etc.

Nicky_K

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
There is a difference; the meaning is not the same. There are other nouns that function as adjectives, similar to this.
For example, a psychology book is not the same as a psychological book. A school book isn't the same as a scholarly book. An economic plan is not the same as an economical plan. Etc.

Thank you very much for the answer.

If it's possible could you please explain the difference between:

a psychology book and a psychological book
or
(a school book and a scholarly book
an economic plan and an economical plan)

Thank you

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Status