Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi great and amazing teachers 🤚🏻
Would you please give me a list of words that could be taught in the intermediate level? And if there are some activities or games for them or sound tracks, then it will be amazing.
Notice: Not necessary to contain sound tracks or activities since the most important is to be a list of intermediate level vocabulary.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Who will you be teaching?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's rather bizarre that you keep referring to "intermediate students" and saying that you want "games for them". Who will you play these games with if you're just studying alone at home?

It would be much clearer if you said something like "I'm an intermediate level English learner, studying by myself at home. Can you give me a list of words that I should know at this level?"

I think you've misunderstood how the forum works. We're not here to replace Google. We answer specific questions about problems you might be having with very specific grammar points or with individual sentences. You can simply Google "intermediate vocabulary list English" yourself. If you want activities or games, try Duolingo (the app).

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland
May be I couldn't form the question because I wanted to make it a general question. I want to get a way or some games, like electronic games that could help me to do so. I'm sorry for asking such question. I actually googled for getting some words but I found so many words that I know or other words that are from academic books with their activities and looking very mess and boring, so after very long time of searching I got down. My level is intermediate as I think, so I just want some words without texts that are not very easy and nor very difficult. This is the issue. So sorry again if I did sth wrong by writing here and so sorry if I have any mistake in my way of writing since I am still a learner. Much appreciated for your constant help here.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Maybe I couldn't form didn't ask the a detailed/specific question because I wanted to make it a general question. I want to get a way or some games, find something like electronic games that could help me to do so learn English.

I'm sorry for asking such question. There is nothing to apologise for.

I actually googled searched Google for getting some words but I found so many words that I already know or and other words that are from academic books with their activities and looking very mess and boring, so after very long time of searching eventually I got down fed up/demoralised.
The whole underlined part is incomprehensible. I have no idea what you're trying to say.

My level is intermediate, as I think, so I just want some words without texts that are not neither very easy and nor very difficult. This is the issue. So Sorry again if I did sth something wrong by writing here and so sorry if I have about any mistakes in my way of writing. since I am still a learner. I very much appreciated appreciate for your constant help. here.

I'm not clear what "words without texts" means.
Note my corrections and comments above.

I've moved this to the General Language Discussions section because you're not here to ask a specific question. In all honesty, I don't think you know what you want. In your original post, you asked for stories in the present simple, suggesting that you wanted to practise English in context. Now you want a huge list of words without text (I assume you mean standalone words, not in sentences).

Have a think about what you want. Why are you learning English? In what situations are you going to need to speak English? Do you have friends in Switzerland who either speak great English or are native speakers? Use them. Get them to help you practise.

With all due respect, I don't think you're at an intermediate level yet. Your vocabulary probably is but your grammar and sentence construction aren't.

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland

I've moved this to the General Language Discussions section because you're not here to ask a specific question. In all honesty, I don't think you know what you want. In your original post, you asked for stories in the present simple, suggesting that you wanted to practise English in context. Now you want a huge list of words without text (I assume you mean standalone words, not in sentences).

Have a think about what you want. Why are you learning English? In what situations are you going to need to speak English? Do you have friends in Switzerland who either speak great English or are native speakers? Use them. Get them to help you practise.

With all due respect, I don't think you're at an intermediate level yet. Your vocabulary probably is but your grammar and sentence construction aren't.
I need grammar to be within a text, but according to words I want them to be alone.

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland

Is it a grammar mistake to say " I couldn't form" ? I really wanted to say it, I wanted to say that I could not form well, there is something in my mind but I couldn't take it out of it. I know what I want but I couldn't restate my sentence and words fail me.

Ameeraana

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Armenian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Switzerland

1) What's wrong with get a way?
2) what's wrong with googled? I have seen and heard such phrase many times before.😥
3) I know that Eventually is better than explaining in so many words, but is it gramatically wrong to say " after very long time of searching"?
4) Is "got down " wrong? I heard it in a song; the singer was saying" never let me down" and even when we search in " free dictionary ", we find the meaning is " To cause one to feel sadness, depressed, discouraged, or dejected." So I got shocked to find it wrong!
5) Is " So many words" wrong?! What if I say " too many words" will it be correct?

6) Why is it wrong to say " sorry if I have any mistakes"? Why have I say " sorry about any mistakes " what is the difference?!

7) I know that " much appreciated " is an advanced way to say " thank you so much, I appreciate what you have done." So why is it wrong here?!
Pardon me for my questions. I asked because I don't want to fed up and feel that all my previous efforts to learn English were worthless and wrong. At least if they are then I have to learn the correct way and to know why just in order to learn from my mistakes. Thank you so much.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't have time to go into the minutiae of every single correction I've made. I suggest you read lots of well-written English and make notes. If you have a specific question about a sentence you come across when doing so, feel free to come and ask us. I don't think there's much we can do here to help you until you work out what you want.

Sorry, but "I need grammar to be within a text, but according to words I want them to be alone" doesn't really make sense. This thread is getting messy and every post creates more questions. I'm closing the thread. Take some time to find one of the textbooks I mentioned, have a look at Duolingo, maybe find a language exchange evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.