Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Every year, there are holidays with different days off for people in my country. One is the spring festival, usually seven days, and another is the Labor Day, five days, and National Day, usually seven days.

A foreign friend who came to China recently asked me things about this and I told him that "Every year we have some multiple days-off holidays in my country." then I explained the above it him. I don't think my sentence is natural. How would you phrase it?

Every year, there are holidays with different days off for people in my country. One is the spring festival (usually seven days off), and another is the Labor Day (five days), and National Day (usually seven days).

A foreign friend who came to China recently asked me things about this and I told him that "Every year we have some multiple days-off holidays in my country no full stop here" then I explained the above it to him. I don't think my sentence is natural. How would you phrase it?
No. We don't say "days-off holidays". Also, don't say "some multiple".
Are they days when everyone (or at least many people) in the country gets a day/several days off work? In the UK, they're called "bank holidays" but that refers just to a single day at a time. I'd probably just call them public holidays, and say that each one lasts a different number of days.

Are they days when everyone (or at least many people) in the country gets a day/several days off work?
Yes. Is my new sentence good?

Every year we have public holidays and each one lasts for a different number of days.

I think “every year” is not needed here.

Please enlighten me.

Yes. Is my new sentence good?

Every year we have public holidays and each one lasts for a different number of days.

I think “every year” is not needed here.

Please enlighten me.
I think it's important to make it clear that these public holidays happen every year so your sentence contains all the relevant information.

How about:
In China, we have a few long stretches of annual public holidays of up to seven days.

Back