Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Mexico
Current Location
Mexico
I have spanish as mother languaje and would like to know what is the difference or when do I have to use foreign and foreigner

thanks

I have spanish as mother languaje and would like to know what is the difference or when do I have to use foreign and foreigner

thanks
Welcome to the forum.
I think you are asking about the difference between "foreign" and "foreigner"? If so, you should check a dictionary first.
'Foreign' is an 'adjective'; foreigner is a 'noun'. That should give you a clue.

Here's one free online dictionary:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/foreigner

thanks
For some reason, Spanish people have difficulty with the idea that a foreigner is a foreign person. In the same way, you can't have '[STRIKE]a Spanish[/STRIKE]' (un español). ;-)

b

BobK:

Stepping a bit out of bounds, but I'll risk it:

"estranjero" is used, both, as a noun and an adjective. Thus the problem. There is "forastero", a noun, which may help to explain the difference.

M.

Thanks all of you I undestood very well

That's what I thought, but my Spanish is Best Before End June 1974 ;-) so I didn't want to pontificate.

b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back