[Essay] grammarly found 24 unknown mistakes in my letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Dear Maria and Juran,

When people go to travel, they usually take back some souvenirs. Some that remind the trip to them. I think it's a good idea that you come back to your country with a pack of souvenirs. Souvenirs from Iran must show Iran's environment and culture. I hope that you like what I've picked for you: Saffron, Barberry, pistachio, and pottery. I think the colorful pottery bowl can be a symbol of Iranian culture. It's just a little model of our culture. It is not very expensive and it is not something for decorating modern houses, but I think it can be something that reminds you of Iran. I've filled the bowl with the pistachio and saffron. You may notice that these pistachios are smaller than the usual pistachios. Do you know why? Because they are completely natural. They were grown up on mountains. Although I could give you bigger pistachios, you know, they are not special! You can find them in every shop around the city. I am not saying that they are bad, but they are not as natural as these pistachios. Even Iranian people may haven't eaten this kind of pistachio because they are very very rare and we just found them in a small village And bought them more expensive than normal pistachios.

Other natural products are saffron and Barberry. You may know that Iran has very rich soil so its land is very appropriate for cultivation, but for cultivating some special products. Saffron and Barberry are some of them. I ensure you that you will never ever find such saffron and barberry that I gave you. These products are not only rare in the world but also they are rare in Iran. you know why? because you hardly can find them in shops around the city. Again, we bought them from a small rural area around one of the hottest city in Iran. My grandma has a garden there and her farmers brought them for us. Now, you fully understand why my gifts don't have beautiful packages. I was thinking you must be rich people and also you don't need luxury things. So, I tried to give you some things that you never find anywhere else. Surely, you can find saffron, Barberry, Pistachio, and pottery. But you never ever can find original saffron from Birjand and natural Barberry from the rich soil of Iran and pistachio as greasy as what I gave you. I hope these souvenirs make you happy and make you remind Iran and a girl from Iran.

Enjoy,
Narges

Last edited:

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
You will help me a lot if you find at least some of them!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Souvenirs

Perhaps:

When people travel to a foreign country they usually take some souvenirs home with them. I think it's a good idea that you go back to your country with a pack of souvenirs. Souvenirs from Iran should show Iran's environment and culture.

More later.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: Souvenirs

Few minutes later or few days later? :) I am going to give the souvenirs tomorrow morning! :roll:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Next sentence(s). Perhaps:

I hope you like what I've picked for you: saffron, barberry, pistachio, and pottery. I think the colorful pottery bowl can be a symbol of Iranian culture. It's just a little model of our culture. It's not very expensive, and it is not something for decorating a modern house, but I think it can be something that reminds you of Iran.

Why can't it be used for decorating a modern house?

Is "pistachio" pistachio nuts?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I've filled each bowl with pistachios and saffron. You may notice that these pistachios are smaller than the usual pistachios. Do you know why? Because they are completely natural. They were grown on mountains.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I could give you bigger pistachios, but they would not be special. You can find them in every shop in the city. I am not saying that those are bad, but they are not as natural as these pistachios. Even Iranian people may not have eaten this kind of pistachio, because they are very very rare, and we just found them in a small village. And paid more for them than normal pistachios.

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Hi Tarheel,

You are very very kind. You helped me a lot. Thank you!

Ron: Is pistachio nuts?
Don: yes! Haven't you eaten it?
Ron: No!
Don: Narkises can send you some if she has your postal address!
Ron: wow! And, why can't an Irani bowl be used for decorating modern house?
Don: I cannot imagine a classic dish on a modern white table!
Ron: I like the mixture of classic and modern stuff!

Narkises

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran

Pic

Attachments

• سفال-و-سرامیک-هم&#.jpg
    سفال-و-سرامیک-هم&#.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 4
  • FandoqiLow2.jpg
    FandoqiLow2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 3

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Second paragraph. Perhaps:

Other natural products are saffron and barberry. Iran has very rich soil, so its land is very appropriate for cultivation, and that land produces some special products. Saffron and barberry are two of them.

My Google app stopped working, so I was unable to get on UE. But I'm back!

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I assure you that you will never find on your own saffron and barberry like what I have given you. These products are not only rare in the world but also rare in Iran.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

We bought them at a shop in a small town in one of the hottest regions of Iran. Now you fully understand why my gits don't have beautiful packages.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Last sentences. Perhaps:

I was thinking you must be rich people, and you don't need luxury items. So I tried to give you some things you can't find anywhere else. Surely you can find saffron, barberry, pistachios, and pottery just about anywhere. But you can't find saffron from Birjland or barberry from the rich soil of Iran or pistachios as greasy as what I gave you. I hope these souvenirs make you happy and remind you of Iran and a girl from Iran.

Status
Not open for further replies.