Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Nigeria
Current Location
Nigeria
Hi guys,

I am Moses, a student of Pharmacy. I have a blog called diabetestipshub i have been running this blog for some months now but so many people have complained to me in recent week that i have some problem in using of ( "has" and "as" ) and it one of the reasons why i joined this forum can some please explain to me how to make use of them with examples.

Hello Moses and welcome to Using English.

In the future, please give your thread a title that talks about your subject. I have edited yours for you.

Aside from sounding similar, "has" and "as" have almost no relation.

"Has" is a verb form of "to have."
I have, you have, we have, they have -- He or she has.

Can you provide a few sentences where you have used the wrong form?

Hi guys,

I am Moses, a student of Pharmacy. I have a blog called diabetestipshub. I have been running this blog for some months now but [strike]so[/strike] many people have complained to me in recent weeks that I have some problems in using [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] no comma here "has" and "as" no comma here and it is one of the reasons [STRIKE]why[/STRIKE] I joined this forum. Can someone please explain to me how to [STRIKE]make[/STRIKE] use [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] them, with examples?

Note my corrections above. It's important to capitalise the word "I" every time you write it.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't keep my mistakes so it's better you give an additional example so i can understand better.

Thanks as you do so.

OK, then. If you don't have any examples for us, try these (tell us whether you would use "has" or "as" in each space.

He ______ a car.
My cousin ________ been to London three times.
It's not my house, ________ I told you before.
_______ anyone here read Lord of the Rings?
It's difficult for him to quit, ________ he ________ been smoking for over ten years.
I am ______ drunk _______ a lord.
He ______ _______ many books ________ I do.

I've spent a few minutes reading your site. You used as and has correctly every place I found either word.

Here are the answers

1. He has a car
2. My cousin has been to London three times.
3. It's not my house as i told you before
4. As anyone here read Lord of the ring?
5. It's difficult for him to quit, has he have been smoking for over ten years.
6. i am as drunk as a lord
7. He has as many books as i do.

Kindly help in pointing out my mistake and thing i need to work on.

Here are [strike]the[/strike] my answers:

1. He has a car. :tick:
2. My cousin has been to London three times. :tick:
3. It's not my house as I told you before. :tick:
4. As anyone here read Lord of the Rings? :cross:
5. It's difficult for him to quit, has he have been smoking for over ten years. :cross: (2 errors)
6. I am as drunk as a lord. :tick:
7. He has as many books as I do. :tick:

Kindly help [strike]in[/strike] by pointing out my mistakes and things I need to work on.

See above. You need to try again with numbers 4 and 5.

As I pointed out in post #3, it's important to capitalise the word "I" every time you use it. Also, when you're copying sentences, as you did here, take care to copy them correctly. You omitted several full stops and made some spelling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back