United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon congratulated Donald Trump ( Can you please help me in fixing grammatical issues )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona Ibrahim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon congratulated Donald Trump on his election as the new President of the United States saying that “People everywhere look to the United States to use its remarkable power to help lift humanity up and to work for the common good.” added to that “The United Nations will count on the new Administration to strengthen the bonds of international cooperation as we strive together to uphold shared ideals, combat climate change, advance human rights.”

Environmental activists were devastated by the election result, with May Boeve, leader of the 350.org environmental group, calling it a " Trump’s election is a disaster, but it cannot be the end of the international climate process.”

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, @Mona Ibrahim - what is your question?

Mona Ibrahim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, @Mona Ibrahim - what is your question?

Thanks a lot for your question.

I already stated my question in the title with part of the subject as you suggested before :).

My Question is :- Can you please help me in fixing grammatical issues in the sentences above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I already stated my question in the title with part of the subject as you suggested before :).
No, I've told you at least twice that "Please help me in fixing grammatical issues" does not belong in the title. You must put your question or request in the main post. If you carry on ignoring our advice, you'll find that we become less willing to help you.

Mona Ibrahim

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
No, I've told you at least twice that "Please help me in fixing grammatical issues" does not belong in the title. You must put your question or request in the main post. If you carry on ignoring our advice, you'll find that we become less willing to help you.
I am sorry. I will change that now. I thought I should put it in the title. ( I am a new one at this site so please accept my apologize )

99bottles

Banned
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Greek
Home Country
Greece
Current Location
Greece
I am not a teacher nor a native speaker.

I tried to correct/improve it for you. (A general guideline: Write shorter sentences.)

General Ban Ki-moon, Secretary of the United Nations, congratulated Donald Trump on his election as the new President of the United States. The General stated that “people everywhere look to the United States to use its remarkable power to help lift humanity up and to work for the common good.” He also added, “The United Nations will count on the new Administration to strengthen the bonds of international cooperation as we strive together to uphold shared ideals, combat climate change, advance human rights.”

Environmental activists were devastated by the result of the elections. May Boeve, leader of the 350.org environmental group, stated that ''Trump’s election is a disaster, but it cannot be the end of the international climate process.”

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I am sorry. I will change that now.
You haven't changed it.

I thought I should put it in the title. (I am a new one new at this site so please accept my apologies.)

Don't put a space after an opening bracket or before a closing bracket. You forgot the full stop again! Note that "apologize" (AmE) is a verb ("apologise" in BrE). You need "apologies", the plural form of the noun "apology".

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
How about and advance human rights?

Amigos4

VIP Member