Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
"He has been getting paid for last one month".

"It has been being done for one year". Are these correct?

He was paid for last month.
You do not use the present perfect continuous tense for a one-off action.

It has been done for one year, meaning the action went on for a year "Being" is redundant.

The present perfect progressive/continuous form is rarely used, but it is not incorrect.
Do you mean the passive one? I don't think it is rare to say 'I have been learning English for years', but I am not a teacher.

I think it is possible to say 'He has been getting paid for years', but I am not a teacher.

It is, as is, 'He has been getting paid for a month', as if in instalments, I mean wages paid on a weekly basis.

As said above, it's not a common tense, but when it's the one needed, it's the one needed, and there's nothing wrong with it.
It just requires the right context (like everything else!)

I've been being paid the wrong amount each week for the last month. I've only just noticed. I have to let payroll know.

Thank you.

Can I also say "There are few claims that have been getting processed for the last two months, but the decision hasn't been made yet. How much time are they(Can we use they for non living things. Like I have used here for claims)going to take to be processed?".

I would say the following, but I am not a teacher.

'There are few claims that have been being processed for the last two months, but no decisions have been made yet. How much longer will it take?'

Yes they are still being processed.

I agree with Matthew - There are a few claims that have been being processed for the last two months.

However, there are other ways to say this - using the active voice, for example: We have been processing a few claims for the last two months, but...
or
A few claims have been awaiting a decision for a couple month and therefor have not finished processing.

I don't see how the part after the comma fits in with the first part.
I think 'the decision' after the comma refers to those about whether to approve the claims, but I am not a teacher.

Few claims or a few claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back