Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Good morning, I am an italian boy and it is very important for me to know if it is also correct to write:

Have you already visited London?

Thank you so much for your help

First of all thanks for your answer. This is the question of a contest that I supported. Precisely:

Have you ... visited London?

to. never
b. ever
c. Already

I answered the c. and they gave me a penalty saying that the correct form is only b. I just wanted to know if the c. for a possible appeal is really incorrect. Thanks again.

Hello redfire, and a warm welcome from me too. :)
Can you give us details about that "contest" please? For example, who organized it and where was it held?

First of all thanks for your answer. This is the question of a contest that I supported. Precisely:

Have you ... visited London?

to. never
b. ever
c. Already

I answered the c. and they gave me a penalty saying that the correct form is only b. I just wanted to know if the c. for a possible appeal is really incorrect. Thanks again.

"to" ? , b. or c. would be OK in most contexts.

In other words, all three possibilities are correct and, in the right context, natural.

Redfire, please note that we require you to give context in post #1 – not #3.

Was this a class exercise? Which book was it taken from?

Who 'gave you a penalty'?

It's not wrong, though some language books will tell you to use yet in the question.

Good morning. I am an Italian boy and it is very important for me to know if it is [STRIKE]also[/STRIKE] correct to write (no colon here) "Have you already visited London?"

Thank you so much for your help.

Please note my corrections above. Remember to capitalise proper nouns (Italian, France, England, Microsoft, Shakespeare etc). You need to end every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
There's no need to thank us in advance. Click on the "Thank" button on any post you find helpful.

Good evening, thanks to everyone for the answers. This is a question of the "EAV" competition in San Leucio (Caserta, Italy) for the position of Station Operator. He only asked me to complete the question with the right answer, so a particular context is not indicated. For this answer I left the ranking for three places but thanks to your explanations I will appeal. You can also kindly indicate the contexts in which the word "already" can be used in this sentence.

You can also kindly indicate the contexts in which the word "already" can be used in this sentence.

Hello, redfire.:)
Please read Piscean's post (#10) again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back