Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Tonight in our English clud I met a friend of mine, he told me he got vaccinated a month ago. Now, he's finished two injections.

During our conversations, I said to the participants "He might be the only one who got vaccinated of the COVID vaccine".

Is my italic sentence natural?

Almost. You need a different tense and a different preposition.

Tonight, [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at our English club, I met a friend. [STRIKE]of mine,[/STRIKE] He told me he got/was vaccinated a month ago. Now, he's [STRIKE]finished[/STRIKE] had two injections.

During our conversations, I said to the participants "He might be the only one who [STRIKE]got[/STRIKE] has been vaccinated [STRIKE]of the[/STRIKE] against COVID [STRIKE]vaccine[/STRIKE]".

Is my italic sentence natural?

See above. I'm not clear on the timeline of the vaccinations. Did he have his first or second jab a month ago? If it was the first, I would change the next line to "He has now had his second injection".

"...who got the covid vaccine."

You're using too many words.

To GS: Sorry, I went to sleep soon after posting my question.
To SoothingDave: Much appreciated!

See above. I'm not clear on the timeline of the vaccinations. Did he have his first or second jab a month ago? If it was the first, I would change the next line to "He has now had his second injection".

He had his first jab a month ago and 14 days later he got the second.
I appreciated your help, emsr2d2 and will write down what you said in my notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back