Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
United States
Is this sentence correct? Does it mean that this is a list of the people who were hired in the last three years?
1) This is a list of the people who were hired in our office up to three years ago.

Is this sentence correct? Does it mean that this is a list of the people who were hired before one year ago?
2) This is a list of the people who were hired up to one year ago.

Is this sentence correct? This one seems a bit strange to me. It seems to mean that they people were hired for a period of time that ended one year ago.
3) This is a list of the people who were hired until year ago.

3) This is a list of the people who were hired until year ago.
This one is ungrammatical, because "year" needs some kind of determiner. For the others, consider saying, for example "hired before 2022". I'm assuming that you wrote those sentences. Otherwise, please tell us where you got them.

"This is a list of people who were hired in our office up to three years ago."

The last three years are excluded. (Why?)

Thank you both very much,

Are the last three years excluded, or are they the only ones that are included? I was going the other way! I meant in the last three years!

@navi tasan I thought I was as clear as possible in post #3. The list ends at three years previously.

If you only want to include those hired in the past three years, then say "in the last three years".

Using our current year of 2023, your example #1 includes a list of people hired up until Jan 2020. Your #2 includes those hired up until Jan. 2022.

"In the last three years" includes only those hired between Jan 2020 and Jan 2023 (assuming you mean one year from today's date).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back