Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hey I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill. Because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. So the first idea came to my mind is improve my writing. I really confuse to see the result showing on google when I type "Learn English Writing online" because every website there's making money with google ads and no one is giving a solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey, I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. [STRIKE]So[/STRIKE] The first idea that came to my mind is that I need to improve my writing. I was really confused [STRIKE]to see[/STRIKE] by the results [STRIKE]showing[/STRIKE] on Google when I typed "Learn English Writing online" because every website [STRIKE]there's[/STRIKE] is aimed at making money with Google ads and [STRIKE]no one is giving[/STRIKE] none of them gives [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

If you post short extracts of your articles in the Editing and Writing Topics section of the forum, I'm sure some members will find the time to look at them.

Note my corrections to your post above, marked in red.

Biaho

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not a teacher

I can advise you to read more, while you are reading pay attention to sentence structure, word choice, and how the material flows, practise writing every day and you can use online resources to correct your grammar and essay

Last edited by a moderator:

tantrum

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hey I am new in this forum. I want to improve my English writing skill. Because I want to make a blog/website with my own articles. So the first idea came to my mind is improve my writing. I really confuse to see the result showing on google when I type "Learn English Writing online" because every website there's making money with google ads and no one is giving a solid information. Therefore, I decided to join a/the forum where I think someone can help me to improve my writing skill.

Not a teacher

Whatching movies, short videos, and talk shows also might hels, as you'll listen to spoken English, learn many new phrases, idioms, phrasal verbs and fixed expressions.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Not a teacher

[STRIKE]Whatching[/STRIKE] Watching movies, short videos, and talk shows also might [STRIKE]hels[/STRIKE] help, as you'll listen to spoken English, learn many new phrases, idioms, phrasal verbs and fixed expressions.

Tantrum, note my corrections above. You are welcome to answer other learners' questions but please remember to start your responses with "Not a teacher". I have added it to your post for you this time.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome, Harris!

I don't know of a better web forum for improving your English writing. Your questions are welcome here, and so are short pieces you want people here to look at and comment on.

The best way to improve your writing is to read a lot. Anything that you enjoy reading is fine. If you're at a loss, folks here can probably suggest some titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.