[General] I am getting in touch with you so I wonder if you could give your direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Option 1: I am getting in touch with you so I wonder if you could give your direction to HR to start the process with me.​

Option 2: I am getting in touch with you so I wonder if you could advise whether or not HR can start the process with me.​

Option 3: I am getting in touch with you hoping you could approve that HR starts the process with me."

Option 4: I am getting in touch with you hoping that I got your kind approval that HR starts the process with me."

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
None of them is natural.

1 and 2 don't work with "so".
In 3, "hoping you could approve that HR starts" is ungrammatical.
In 4, "hoping that I got your kind approval that HR starts the process with me" is ungrammatical.

Are you trying to say something like "I am contacting you to request that you advise the HR department to start the XXX process"? I don't know what the process is, so I have used "XXX".

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Option 1: I am getting in touch to ask you to direct HR to start the process with me.​

The person you're writing to has the authority to tell HR what to do.

Option 2: I am getting in touch with you to find out whether or not HR can start the process with me.​

The person you're writing to has information on whether HR is able to start the process and can share it with you.

Option 3: I am getting in touch with you hoping you could approve HR starting the process with me."

The person you're writing to has approval authority that HR is waiting for.

Option 4: I am getting in touch with you hoping to get your approval for HR start the process with me."

This means the same thing as option 3.

Numbers 3 and 4 mean the same thing. Numbers 1 and 2 have different meanings.

It's not clear in any of them what process you're referring to. The hiring process?

Yankee

Banned
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Option 1: I am getting in touch with you [STRIKE]so I wonder if you could give your direction to[/STRIKE] to request HR to [STRIKE]start[/STRIKE] begin the process with me.​

Option 2: I am getting in touch with you [STRIKE]so I wonder if you could advise[/STRIKE] to determine whether [STRIKE]or not [/STRIKE] HR can start the process with me.​

Option 3: I am getting in touch with you hoping you could approve that HR starts the process with me."X

Option 4: I am getting in touch with you hoping that I [STRIKE]got your kind[/STRIKE] have your approval that HR starts the process with me."

My shot.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
PS: On version #4, I should have written "for HR to start . . . ."