Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello, I hope you have a wonderful day.
My name is Nima and I'm just finishing high school. I started learning English when I was 6 and I would like to be an English teacher.
My question is: What factors do I need for being a teacher? My level is advanced and every day, I am practicing English.
Best regards,
Nima Farahbod

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. I hope you are have having a wonderful day. (In future, there is no need for a greeting. Just go straight in with your question.)

My name is Nima and I'm just finishing high school. I started learning English when I was 6 six and I would like to be an English teacher.
My question is: What factors qualities/qualifications do I need for being to be a teacher? My level is advanced and I practise English every day. I am practicing English.

Best regards,
Unnecessary
Nima (I have removed your surname. Don't give away private information on a public forum. In future, there is no need to sign off a post. We can see your username.)
Welcome to the forum.

Please note my corrections and comments above. Also note that "help" is uncountable so "helps" in your title was wrong.

Where are you planning to teach English? If you want to teach in Iran, I'm sure you'll be able to find out what qualifications you need to do so quite easily. If you want to teach English abroad, you'll need to investigate the requirements of each country you're considering.
For example, if you wanted to teach in Spain, you'd need a degree (any degree at all!) and a CELTA qualification for any decent English school to consider employing you.

Nimafar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
First of all, I'd like to appreciate you for correcting me.
Thanks for your response.
Have a good day.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
First of all, I'd like to say that I appreciate your corrections. for correcting me.
Thanks for your response.
Have a good day.
You're welcome but please note there was no need for your last post. To show your appreciation for a specific post, simply add the "Thanks" icon to it. You can do this by holding the cursor over the "Like" button and choosing the 🙏 symbol.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you for the corrections.
First, if you are going to lead off a post with "First" there should be a "Second,". Second, if everybody said. "Thanks for the response" that would be all over the place.

Last edited:

E.T:Jawaher Ali

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
To be a good English teacher you need to work on different grounds not only your language. I will try my best to draw your attention to some areas where you need to focus more:

First: your personality:
The most important thing about being a teacher is to be patient, responsible, hardworking and with good knowledge about your students. You have to start with collecting information about them by making qualitative and quantitative research about them. This starting point is going to take time but it is worth it. This is why I am telling you to be patient and hardworking.

Second: your knowledge about the teaching process:
You need to improve yourself in planning, implementing, and evaluating stages. From my perspective, you need to learn how to practice teaching meditation. It's a long and endless process but can help you to improve yourself.

Third: teaching communities:
Try your best to be part of these communities as much as you can and I think your registration on this website shows me how much you are aware of this.