I do see how it might not be the time for it, but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Hello folks,
I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask, especially the native speakers, what the meaning of this phrase is.
I am unsure whether in this phrase "I do see how it might not be the time for it, but.." the speaker agrees on it not being the time for it or whether he agrees on there being a chance it might not be the time for it?

Every input is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The speaker is acknowledging that it's possible it is not the right time to do/discuss the issue at hand.

@Theo11 I'll bet you a cup of coffee and a donut that the "but" indicates that although the speaker acknowledges that it might not be the right time to say it he says it anyway.

Welcome to the forum, Theo11. :)

Please note that I've changed your thread title.

Titles must contain some or all of the words or phrases you are asking us about.

The speaker is acknowledging that it's possible it is not the right time to do/discuss the issue at hand.
Thank you for your response, that was my opinion too.

@Theo11 I'll bet you a cup of coffee and a donut that the "but" indicates that although the speaker acknowledges that it might not be the right time to say it he says it anyway.
Haha you "might" have won yourself a cup of coffee 😉
Welcome to the forum, Theo11. :)

Please note that I've changed your thread title.

Titles must contain some or all of the words or phrases you are asking us about.
Oops my bad, I apologize for that.

Everything before the "but" is always bovine scat.

Welcome to the forum, Theo11. I look forward to reading all of your future posts! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back