Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I applied for a job and I reached the offer stage. I checked with HR if the offer is ready so that I can submit my notice to my current employer.

I would like to ask HR if the offer needs a push from my upcoming manager to get the things moving forward.

Can I use the below bold part or do you recommend me to use an alternative.

Option 1: "Do you recommend to ask Mohamed for a push on the offer to get the things moving forward."

​Option 2: " If the offer is stuck, do you recommend to ask management to push it to get moving forward."

Option 3: "If the offer is still going to be stuck, do you recommend to ask management to push it to get moving forward."

Last edited:

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Things are stuck

Hi all,

I would appreciate your help regarding the below e-mail.

"I am in contact with HR and they informed me that things are stuck and still the offer is awaiting for approval. I would be thankful if you can check with them where the things stuck and to give it a push to get the things move forward and to be able to submit my notice to join you by the beginning of June."

I mean by "things are stuck" that the HR things that need approval from management are stuck. This is may be because they are on leave, or they are engaged with other HR stuff.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I applied for a job and got an offer. I checked with HR to find out if the offer is ready so that I can submit my notice to my current employer.

Congratulations! If you got an offer, the next step is to accept it. The ball is in your court.

I would like to ask HR if the offer needs a push from my upcoming manager to get the things moving forward.

It depends on whether you have accepted the offer.

Can I use the below bold part or do you recommend [STRIKE]me to use[/STRIKE] an alternative?

Option 1: "Do you recommend that I ask Mohamed for a push on the offer to get the things moving forward?"

​Option 2: " If the offer is stuck, do you recommend that I ask management to push it to get moving forward?"

Option 3: "If the offer is still going to be stuck, do you recommend to ask management to push it to get moving forward."
If you have an offer, you just need to say yes and get a start date. Are you sure you mean "offer"?

Last edited:

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Things are stuck

Hi all,

I would appreciate your help regarding the below e-mail.

"I am in contact with HR, and they informed me that things are stuck and still the offer is awaiting for approval.

Oh! Then you have not gotten an offer. That's different. I'll save the congratulations for when you tie the knot.

I would be grateful if you would find out where we are and help move things move forward so I can submit my notice here and join you by early June."

It's not clear whether the hold-up is with HR or with the department hiring you.

I mean by "things are stuck" that the HR things that need approval from management are stuck. This is may be because they are on leave or engaged with other HR stuff.
I'll light a candle for you!

Last edited:

Economist2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt

Thanks Charlie.

I would like to highlight that I just reached the offer stage and still don't receive the offer. The offer needs to be sent to HR management for approval.

The offer is stuck in the approval stage. I need to push on HR to receive the offer so that I can submit my notice to my current employer.

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

Thanks Charlie.

I mean that I just reached the application review stage but haven't received an offer yet. The recommendation needs to be sent to HR management for approval.

The application is [STRIKE]stuck[/STRIKE] in the approval stage. I need to encourage HR to review and approve the hire so that I can submit my notice to my current employer.
I see. The phrase "offer stage" was misleading. It's accurate as corrected.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Do you mean you got to the point when you were expecting an offer?
He means he's in the application review stage.

If he receives an offer, he will then be in the offer stage.

Then he can accept the offer, reject it, or discuss it further with HR.

And when they reach an agreement, we'll break out the champagne! He's been trying to get out of his current job for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.