Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
France
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. I sent a quotation to a client and made a mistake in the overall amount; I need your assistance in writing an email of apology. Please see the text below:

"Dear Mr. X,

Please ignore the offer I provided on Saturday, January 14, 2023; I made an error in the overall amount of alternative #2, instead of 14,400$, I typed 10,400$.

I've provided the proper quotation; I apologize for any confusion.
1673802208814.png

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@Joj I'm certain you've been here long enough to know that titles should include some/all of the words/phrases/sentences you're asking us about. I have improved your title. In addition "typo mistake" (your original title) is tautologous - a typo is a type of mistake.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is well. All unnecessary.

I sent a quotation quote to a client and made a mistake in the overall amount; I need your assistance in writing an email of apology. Please see the text below:

"Dear Mr. X,

Please ignore the offer quote I provided on Saturday, January 14, 2023; I made an error in the overall amount total cost of alternative option #2. Instead of $14,400, I typed wrote $10,400.

I've provided the proper correct quotation amount below; I apologize for any confusion.
View attachment 5134
See above. However, there's no logic. You haven't corrected the figure in the picture you've attached so the final sentence isn't true. Attached to your email should be a revised quote. Don't send the recipient yet another copy of the incorrect figure.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
@Joj
Please note the following explanation.

Dollars
One dollar - $1
Five dollars - $5
Ten dollars - $10
Fourteen dollars - $14
14, 400 dollars - $14,400

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It was strange that in the quote you sent the client and screenshotted at the end of your post, you put the $ sign in the right position, but you wrongly put it after the figure in the rest of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.