[Grammar] Is "considered" a linking verb? Considered + adj or considerably + adj?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pance29

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I'm confused by these two sentences. I don't know if they're both grammatically correct.

1. They have produced a new solar panel that is considerably more innovative than any other of its kind.

2. They have produced a new solar panel that is considered more innovative than any other of its kind.

Last edited:

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Is "considered" a linking verb? Considered + adj or considerably + adj?

They're both almost grammatically correct, but their meanings are different. "Considerably more innovative" means much more innovative. "Considered more innovative" means thought to be more innovative; that is, many people believe so.

Write they have.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England

pance,
"We recommend posting a question on one forum only initially. If you do not get a satisfactory answer from that forum and you feel that you have exhausted its possibilities, then of course trying a different forum might help. It is only courteous however, to tell the second forum that you have already asked the question on another forum and then give a precis of the answers you received there, or provide a link to it, along with an explanation of why you are now looking elsewhere."
(emsr2d2)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

I don't know that I would consider solar panels to be innovative. Maybe state of the art or up to date or made with the latest and best technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.