Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,

Can anyone please help me how would I address this situation in English if I wanna say That It is looked down upon with Contempt and disdain and filth ? what is the exact english word for that ?

And if I wanna say where Humans are flocked in an area like Cattles and Sheeps.

Hi.

Can anyone please help me? How would I [STRIKE]address this situation in English if I wanna[/STRIKE] say that [STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] someone/something is looked down upon with contempt and disdain, and as if it were filthy? What is the [STRIKE]exact[/STRIKE] English word for that?

And if I [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to [STRIKE]say[/STRIKE] describe a place where humans are [STRIKE]flocked[/STRIKE] crammed together in an area, like cattle and sheep, what would I say?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Please see my corrections above. It is important to follow these rules of written English:
- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with one appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Capitalise proper nouns but don't capitalise common nouns.
- Use full, correct English words. "Wanna" is not a word.

I can't think of one particular word that would fit either of your situations. Can you give us some context? Please give us full sentences in which you would need such a word.

(Also note that I have changed your thread title. Titles should be unique and relevant to their threads, and should include some/all of the words/phrases you are asking us about.)

Last edited:
Why would people flocking somewhere be looked down on in this way?

Why would people flocking somewhere be looked down on in this way?

Ok let me give you a context lets say, if I am in a discussion with someone just a general discussion we are talking about Jobs in Various Industries and sectors and we start talking About the I.T jobs and then I wanna say, describe it well, I.T it is anyways a degraded,looked down upon job where people are just employed in multiple numbers like cattles and sheeps with no room for talent or creativity just keep increasing numbers like cattles and sheep in a shepherd. something like that...How would I say that then ?

I can think of the strong words "detestable", "loathsome", "despised", etc. for the first part of your question. I'm not sure about the second. I have not bothered to correct your post because you have not paid attention to the points given by emsr2d2 above.

I can think of the strong words "detestable", "loathsome", "despised", etc. for the first part of your question. I'm not sure about the second. I have not bothered to correct your post because you have not paid attention to the points given by emsr2d2 above.

Thanks for pointing out. I am more keen on knowing how would you put the meaning and word across rather than using correct punctuation. I want the Adjective, the proper word to express that meaning. And I am talking about conversational english not written english. So I am describing this situation when I am talking to someone where fullstop, comma, capital all that doesnt come into picture.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out. I am more keen on knowing how [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] you would/might [STRIKE]put the meaning and word across[/STRIKE] convey what I wanted to say, rather than using correct punctuation. I want the adjective, the proper word to express that meaning. And I am talking about conversational English, not written English. So I am describing this situation when I am talking to someone where full stops, commas, or capital letters all [STRIKE]that doesnt[/STRIKE] don't come into the picture.

I beg to differ. Punctuation is important, even for spoken English. Full stops, commas and other punctuation marks affect how we say a sentence. They can be markers for pauses, stopping and starting a new sentence, changing the intonation, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any help in helping me frame a sentence which conveys the above meaning is what I am looking out for then anything else, that would be highly informative and helpful and appreciated aswell. This is all spoken English I am talking about ! Absolutely not how to write English.

like for e.g. You can say that it is a derogatory Job but that is still not what I mean. I mean like class 2 or class 3 Job, like low cadre Job ! But is there a better way to say that ?

Last edited:
OK, let me give you a context. Let's say (no comma here) [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] I am in a discussion with someone (just a general discussion) and we are talking about jobs in various industries and sectors and we start talking about [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] I.T jobs. [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] Then I [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] want to [STRIKE]say,[/STRIKE] describe it well. I might say that I.T [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] is [STRIKE]anyways[/STRIKE] a degraded, (space after a comma) looked-down-upon job where people are just employed in [STRIKE]multiple[/STRIKE] large numbers like [STRIKE]cattles[/STRIKE] cattle and [STRIKE]sheeps[/STRIKE] sheep, with no room for talent or creativity. They just keep increasing in [STRIKE]numbers[/STRIKE] number like [STRIKE]cattles[/STRIKE] cattle and sheep in a shepherd. The underlined part makes no sense. How would I say that then?

Can anyone help [STRIKE]in helping[/STRIKE] me to frame a sentence which conveys the above meaning? That is what I am looking [STRIKE]out[/STRIKE] for [STRIKE]then[/STRIKE] - anything else (no comma here) [STRIKE]that would be[/STRIKE] highly informative and helpful [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] would be appreciated as well. This is all spoken English I am talking about! Absolutely not how to write English.

[STRIKE]like for e.g.[/STRIKE] For example, you can say that it is a derogatory job but that is still not what I mean. I mean something like a class 2 or class 3 job, like a low-cadre job! But is there a better way to say that?

Please see my multiple corrections above.
You are using a forum which relies on written English in order to ask and answer questions. Whether you like it or not, we correct errors in written English in every post. If your spoken English is at the same level as your written English, you will have the same problems when you speak as you do when you write.

I urge you to take our advice, look at our corrections and use this great opportunity to improve your all-round English ability.

The terms "class 2 job", "class 3 job" and "low-cadre job" are not used in English so it's hard to suggest decent replacements. The closest I can think of is "menial work/jobs". That refers to things like cleaning, basic shop work, street cleaning and many others. (I certainly wouldn't include most IT jobs.) However, although there are lots of people employed in those jobs, they don't work like cattle. By using "cattle/sheep", I feel like you are suggesting some kind of job in which lots of people are employed in the same place, all doing the same basic job. Can you give us an example of one of these jobs you are trying to describe?

Last edited:
I feel like you are suggesting some kind of job in which lots of people are employed in the same place, all doing the same basic job. Can you give us an example of one of these jobs you are trying to describe?

Jeez ! I never thought I will have so much problem here mere explaining what I am looking for !! Nevertheless what I mean is something like a Company like Foxconn where Tens of Thousand of people are sitting in a big hall and like Robot just assembling components. No real use of human intelligence that kind of degraded Job. Just like flock of sheeps and cattles, Herd something like that.

Last edited:
The phrase "cattle mart" comes to mind.

The phrase "cattle mart" comes to mind.

Yeah ! There you go...I was looking forward to hear something like that....Than my punctuation remarks !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back