Other
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
Hello,

Is this the same as "looking forward to hearing from you"? Sounds a little bit odd. I guess this expression is pretty rare.

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
I've never heard this.
Perhaps you've just met a writer whose work you haven't yet read. "I'm looking forward to reading you (in XXX magazine.)" It sounds odd to me.

Anewguest

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
Nope, this phrase was at the end of an email, used as a standard closing phrase. My guess would be that the author isn't a native speaker. :) Then again, the email was sent by a sophisticated organization. I guess I'll just assume that it's a flawed version of "looking forward to hearing from you.."

riquecohen

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Brazil
Nope, this phrase was at the end of an email, used as a standard closing phrase. My guess would be that the author isn't a native speaker. :) Then again, the email was sent by a sophisticated organization. I guess I'll just assume that it's a flawed version of "looking forward to hearing from you.."
I wasn't suggesting that you, Anewguest, had met this imaginary writer.:) I was only suggesting a scenario in which the phrase might be used. Now that you have provided a bit more context, I suppose that the organization is coining a new phrase to literally say that they are looking forward to reading an email from you. So, yes, they're looking forward to hearing from you.:up:

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

Is this the same as "looking forward to hearing from you"? Sounds a little bit odd. I guess this expression is pretty rare.
This would make sense if it came from a palm-reader, tarot-reader, or psychic, etc. :)

Anewguest

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
I wasn't suggesting that you, Anewguest, had met this imaginary writer.:)

I get it, riquecohen. :) I was just too surprised to see such a phrase at the end of an email. I thought I'd seen all the cliche closing phrases. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.