May I ask the student in the far back help collect the workbooks of your row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Ukraine
I'm not sure about English Teachers in China. But I know about "classroom English" from some teachers in Ukraine and Russia. With that, we usually mean a bunch of phrases or sentences which we use in English lessons. Something like this one.

NOT A TEACHER

Charlie Bernstein

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not sure about English Teachers in China. But I know about "classroom English" from some teachers in Ukraine and Russia. With that, we usually mean a bunch of phrases or sentences which we use in English lessons. Something like this one.

NOT A TEACHER
Interesting! How did it happen that your home country is Canada but your native language is Ukranian?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I stand corrected.

Morgan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Ukraine
I knew you'd ask! :lol:
My mum is Ukrainian. My dad is Canadian. I was born in Canada. But we moved back to Ukraine when I was 2. So, I can't call Canada my exact home country. But I love the idea of being "Canadian-born."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I knew you'd ask! :lol: My mum is Ukrainian. My dad is Canadian. I was born in Canada. But my parents moved back to Ukraine when I was 2. So, I can't call Canada my exact home country. But I love the idea of being "Canadian-born."

Well, at two you had probably learned English unless your parents only spoke Ukrainian to each other.

Morgan

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Ukraine
To clear the air, my mum and I moved back, not dad. And I spoke English at two, but not too much as you can notice. ;-)
I think we shouldn't discuss it in this thread.:lol: But I'll be glad to answer any questions if it's appropriate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.