Meat consumption together with beverages consumption were 37% altogether.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
Altogether and together with

I found these two sentences, first I used together with to mean (in addition to) while (altogether) is used to mean (in total)

1. Meat consumption together with beverages consumption were 37% altogether.
2. The percentages of tourists who visited the Uk and those who visited France were 27% altogether.

I found these two sentences, ...
@mrmvp, you've been a member long enough to know that we need the source and author of quoted text – especially ungrammatical sentences like these.

@mrmvp, you've been a member long enough to know that we need the source and author of quoted text – especially ungrammatical sentences like these.

Sorry . I was supposed to say that I wrote the sentences myself. The reason why I wrote in because I have seen these words used in describing trends and figures.

Please accept my apology 🙏

I have a question about "altogether" and "together with".

I found these two sentences. In the first, I have used "together with" to mean "in addition to". In the second, I have used while "altogether" is used to mean "in total".

1. Meat consumption, together with beverages beverage consumption, were together made up/constituted 37%. altogether.
2. The percentages percentage of tourists who visited the UK and those who visited France were came to/added up to 27% altogether.
Please note my multiple corrections above.
Sorry. I was supposed to say should have said that I wrote the sentences myself. The reason why I wrote in is because that I have seen these words used in describing trends and figures.

Please accept my apology.

Altogether and together with

I found these two sentences, first I used together with to mean (in addition to) while (altogether) is used to mean (in total)

1. Meat consumption together with beverages consumption were 37% altogether.
2. The percentages of tourists who visited the Uk and those who visited France were 27% altogether.

#1 Are you trying to say that meat and beverage consumption together totaled 37%? What do you mean by beverage? 100% of the population consumes at least water, so it's unclear what you mean.

#2 Again, do you mean that people who visited both the UK and France added up to 27% (all 27% visited both countries), or the ones who visited the UK plus the ones who visited France together add up to 27% (i.e. something like 15% visited the UK and 12% percent visited France)?

#1 Are you trying to say that meat and beverage consumption together totaled 37%? What do you mean by beverage? 100% of the population consumes at least water, so it's unclear what you mean.
Thank you. Well the information I wrote are made up. I just want to know how to use ( "together with" and "altogether") Anyway I meant to say that (meat consumption and beverage consumption both accounted for 37% out of 100% in a figure. Beverage means any drink other than water.

#2 Again, do you mean that people who visited both the UK and France added up to 27% (all 27% visited both countries), or the ones who visited the UK plus the ones who visited France together add up to 27% (i.e. something like 15% visited the UK and 12% percent visited France)?

Here I am talking about two different figures:

1. I mean the the percentage of tourists who visited France was 12%.

2. The percentage of tourists who visited the UK was 15%. Both of the percentages equal a total of 27%.

When you express something as a percentage, it is relative to and forms part of an overall figure of 100%. You have not stated what the 100% is.

When you express something as a percentage, it is relative to and forms part of an overall figure of 100%. You have not stated what the 100% is.

If I describe one figure, I can say.However, I think describing every trend, stating it is out of 100% is not suitable way, I believe. The chart shows the figures for the reader and examiner ?

A is accounted for 33% out 100%.

B is comprised of 22% out of 100%

And so on.

Back