[General] melody or music, whatever synonym for soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be asking literature professors then?
I think they'll tell you that they haven't read every book, play and poem ever written, either.

(cross-posted)

Do you think they've read every book that's ever been written?

I think they should’ve an idea of where it could be found.

I think they'll tell you that they haven't read every book, play and poem ever written, either.

(cross-posted)

I’m sure they could filter through the books they have read or about to read and find similar phrases.

My example sentence uses it metaphorically in the context of a repeated narrative. Pretty much all we heard in 2020 in the UK were the words I listed. That's why I put them together and called them a soundtrack.

For all I know, it might have been used in "a literature book" (whatever that is). I'm simply saying that we can't tell you whether it has been or it hasn't been. You will have to do your own research.

Oh I see, I thought you meant I couldn’t use it the way I did. Yes I’m trying to, Thanks.

Oh, I see. I thought you meant I couldn’t use it the way I did. Yes, I’m trying to. Thanks.

Note my punctuation corrections above.

I think they [STRIKE]should’ve[/STRIKE] should have an idea of where it could be found.

I’m sure they could filter through the books they have read or are about to read and find similar phrases.

If you find a literature professor who's prepared to do that, let us know what you find out.

Note that we don't use "should've" as a contraction of "should have" when the main verb is "have". It can be shortened in things like "You should've done that" ("done" is the main verb").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back