Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
  • providing courses & qualifications
  • work experience programmes
  • careers advice

It is a well-known fact that schools and universities provide different options in order to help their pupils find jobs. But, are these methods effective? Do they actually help students? I'm going to point out the advantages in that regard.

On the one hand, work experience programmes which provide a short period of time working as a practicant in an enterprise gives better opportunities to get a job that fits your personality. Furthermore, you are able to get to know how they work and if you like it. However, sometimes these doesn0t result in a better career choice. The amount of time a workplace is going to ask for is not enough and useless. Although you are able to get a little experience, nowadays, they search for people that are highly qualified.

On the other hand, providing courses and qualifications gives you access to a degree or higher competence. This, as I pointed out before, results in better chances to get a job because is what the majority of companies are looking for.

To sum up, in my humble opinion, work experience programmes are a more persuasive method which gives you the opportunity to acquire knowledge on how a firm works and at the same time you are going to be able to decide whether you like it or not, that after all is what is most important.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. :)
Were you asked to write an essay? If so, who asked you to write it, and what was the exact question given to you?

desdesiempre1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.
icon_smile.gif

Were you asked to write an essay? If so, who asked you to write it, and what was the exact question given to you?

Hi!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am studying alone in order to take the CAE exam. No one asked me to write an essay, but I need to practice so I can improve.

The question was: Write an essay discussing two of the methods in your notes. You should explain which method is more effective, giving reasons in support of your answer.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It is a well-known fact that schools and universities [Strike]provide different options in order to[/Strike] have various ways of helping their [Strike]pupils[/Strike] students find jobs. But, are these methods effective? Do they actually help students? [Strike]I'm[/Strike] I am going to point out two such methods. [Strike]the advantages in that regard.[/Strike]

[Strike]On the one hand,[/Strike] To start with, many universities typically have work experience programmes, which provide [Strike]a short period of time[/Strike] students with an opportunity to experience working [Strike]as a practicant[/Strike] in an enterprise. That [Strike]gives better opportunities to[/Strike] enhances their prospects of getting a job that fits [Strike]your personality.[/Strike] their qualifications. Furthermore, [Strike]you[/Strike] with such programs, students can get a feel for a particular profession [Strike]are able to get to know how they work[/Strike] and decide if [Strike]you[/Strike] they like it before committing to it. However, sometimes these [Strike]doesn0t[/Strike] programs do not necessarily result in a better career choice. The amount of time spent in a workplace is [Strike]going to ask for is[/Strike] often not enough to truly evaluate a job type. [Strike]and useless.[/Strike] Furthermore, [Strike]Although you are able to[/Strike] students can only get [Strike]a little[/Strike] limited experience from such programs, and many companies, nowadays, [Strike]they[/Strike] search for people that are highly qualified and experienced.

If you are going to argue that providing courses and formal qualifications is a more important approach, then you need to write a longer (and convincing) paragraph on that.

desdesiempre1

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
If you are going to argue that providing courses and formal qualifications is a more important approach, then you need to write a longer (and convincing) paragraph on that.

Okay! Thank you very much!! I am going to work on that ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.