Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Hello,
Sir, could you please pinpoint my mistakes in the following piece of writing?

Morning walk in the garden to me is the best activity of the whole day. It is time when there is minimum of pollution as less traffic is plying on the roads which makes less smoke and noise coming out of engines of heavy vehicles around as compared with the later part of the day. During this brief part of the morning time the breeze is usually cool as no heat of sun as yet. The sun though is emerging in the East but still it is not as hot as it will get as the day goes on. The fragrance of beautiful flowers has surrounded the garden which makes the process of inhaling and exhaling for the walkers very enjoyable. Everybody in the garden is busy- Some are doing brisk walk, while others are doing exercise to keep themselves fit. Then there are people who are doing yoga to make their mind and body fit. Everything looks green- green tall trees and lush green grass. Morning time is indeed the best part of the day for those who like to come out of their bed early and go for a walk.

Hatim

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You have addressed your post to "Sir". Do you really want only the male members of the forum to help you?

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Sorry, I didn't mean it. Anyone could correct my piece of writing.
Thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Morning walk in the garden to me is the best activity of the whole day.

Can you add the missing word and move a couple of words?

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear Tdol,
I am sorry I could not get you as I have already submitted my draft and all I need is that my whole draft is corrected.
thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If it is a submission, we cannot help.

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
No, no please do not get me wrong. I have submitted the draft in this forum only. I have not submitted anywhere else. In fact I wrote in only last night and submitted it in the morning in your forum. That's all.

Hatim

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
What are you going to do with it when it's been corrected?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Let me make some suggestions/corrections. This is the only place where I get paid to do that stuff. Oh wait! I don't get paid.
;-)

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear, emsr2d2
I am going to place on my record and every time I see the draft I will avoid the mistakes corrected by you. That's all.

Hatim

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Hello,
[STRIKE]Sir, [/STRIKE] Could you please [STRIKE]pinpoint [/STRIKE] correct my mistakes in the following piece of writing?

A morning walk in the garden to me is the best activity of the whole day. It is the time when there is minimum [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE]pollution as less traffic is plying [STRIKE]on [/STRIKE]the roads, which [STRIKE]makes [/STRIKE] means less smoke and noise coming out of engines of heavy vehicles [STRIKE]around [/STRIKE]as compared [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE]to the later part of the day. During [STRIKE]this brief[/STRIKE] the early part of the morning [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE], the breeze is usually cool as [STRIKE]no heat of[/STRIKE] the sun [STRIKE]as [/STRIKE] has not risen yet. The sun [STRIKE]though[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE][STRIKE]emerging in the East[/STRIKE] begins to rise but still it is not as hot as it will get as the day goes [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] by. The fragrance of beautiful flowers [STRIKE]has surrounded[/STRIKE] pervades the garden, which [STRIKE]makes[/STRIKE][STRIKE] the process of inhaling and exhaling for[/STRIKE] allows the walkers to breath in and enjoy the fresh morning air[STRIKE]very enjoyable[/STRIKE]. Everybody in the garden is busy- some are doing brisk walk, while others are doing exercise to keep themselves fit. Then there are people who are doing yoga to [STRIKE]make [/STRIKE] calm their mind and keep their body fit. Everything looks green- [STRIKE]green[/STRIKE] tall, green trees and lush, green grass. The early morning [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE] period is indeed the best part of the day for those who like to [STRIKE]come out of their bed[/STRIKE] get up early and go for a walk.

Hatim

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ted, Ems told him/her that we would NOT be doing that because we don't do people's homework for them.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are a couple of errors in that post -- one of omission and one of commission.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
No, no please do not get me wrong. I have submitted the draft in this forum only. I have not submitted anywhere else. In fact I wrote in only last night and submitted it in the morning in your forum. That's all.

Hatim

Tarheel,
He said he "submitted the draft in this forum only" and "not anywhere else". I suppose it is not submitted to a teacher for marking. He is too old to be a student anyway.

Last edited:

hatimhussain

Banned
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Dear, tedmc and Tarheel

Thank you very much for correcting my draft. However, I could not understand Tarheel's remark i.e. " omission and commission." May I ask should, I send such drafts to "Editing & Writing" section? Please reply.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
He is too old to be a student anyway.

:roll: No one is too old to be a student! I'm sure there are plenty of us on this forum, the same age or older than the OP, learning a new language!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear, tedmc and Tarheel

Thank you very much for correcting my draft. However, I could not understand Tarheel's remark i.e. " omission and commission." May I ask should, I send such drafts to "Editing & Writing" section? Please reply.

Error of omission - something that was left out that should have been included.

Error of comission - something that was included that was a mistake or should not have been put in.

(I only scanned it. I might have missed some things.)

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I assume tedmc looked at the OP's profile and saw "I am 50 years old and I work for a government department". That does not mean he/she is not a student of English.

Status
Not open for further replies.