Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Colombia
Current Location
Colombia
MOTIVATION / COVER LETTER

I'm applying for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Prompts:
1. Motivation/Cover letter: A letter written in English explaining your motivation and interest in IDOH. pdf only. There is no length limitation.
2. Movitation/ Cover letter (stating the reasons of your interest, the purpose on how you wish to use the Masters to further your career/education and anything you would consider relevant for your application to share with the Selection Committee).

Dear Sir or Madam,

Whole my life I have been interested in investigation and biological science. Microorganisms are the most variable, abundant and capable organisms on Earth. Due to my interest in microorganisms I completed my bachelor studies in XX at XXXXX in XXXX with a scholarship granted by the national government to the best low-income students in the country. By taking courses in virology, immunology, bacteriology and biochemistry I acquired suitable knowledge, skills and motivation to continue my studies in the field of infectious diseases. Furthermore, I would like to focus on innovative treatments for infectious diseases. Therefore, I am writing to you to apply for the Master’s degree in Infectious Diseases and One Health. I firmly believe that the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship and XX program is an enrichment opportunity that will allow me to grow as an academic, professional and human.

The XX program contains all topics I am interested in such as emerging viral infections, gene therapy, virus discovery, translational medicine and innovative therapies. Furthermore, the three founding partner universities which are leaders in intensive research on infectious diseases will allow me to expand my knowledge, improve my research skills in my field of study with the One Health approach and train me to work in the highest levels of biosafety laboratories. Moreover, the XX program will further my career and will allow me to achieve one of my accomplishments in my future career: a PhD in Germany.

In addition, my aim is to work and investigate actively in innovative treatments for infectious diseases in order to contribute to prevent, control and create or improve treatments to infectious diseases in the European Union and around the world, not just from theory but also with laboratory work. In the company of excellent academics and professionals I shall work on scientific dissemination and I shall contribute to improve human and animal health and their life quality.

Moreover, traveling and living in different countries shall give me several opportunities to acquire more profound knowledge of different cultures around the world, learn new languages and meet new people with different backgrounds, mindsets and lifestyles. Besides, this mobility will allow me to build multicultural and multidisciplinary networks worldwide.

To sum up briefly, the XX MSc programme is a wonderful opportunity that will allow me to further my career by accessing high quality education and training, multicultural and multidisciplinary networks worldwide and it will be a bridge to continue my future academic career, get a PhD and achieve my goal of working in research of innovative treatments for infectious diseases in order to improve human health and animal health.

Thank you in advance for considering my application and I look forward to your positive response.

Sincerely,

My name.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I don't have time to look at the whole thing right now but two things jumped off the screen at me straight away:

1. You have misspelled "motivation" in prompt 2.
2. "Whole my life" is wrong. Try again.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What is One Health? Do you mean public health?

I agree that microorganisms are the most abundant life forms, but what do you mean by "capable" there?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi vhersa,
What is the submission deadline for your letter?

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I looked up IDOH. I didn't find anything that fit.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
IDOH appears to refer to "Infectious Diseases and One Health" to which the OP refers at the end of paragraph 1. I Googled the whole term and found this.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It remains a mystery why the OP didn't say biology instead of biological science.

That's what happens when you don't have a word limit. People use too many words.
:)

It looks like this one isn't coming back.

Will "One Health" catch on? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.