[General] Movie quote - I'm all yours for the taking, just say the word and we could be..

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 6,437
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

I don't remember what I was watching but it goes like this - I'm all yours for the taking, just say the word and we could be together forever.

(It's an old black and white movie I was watching the other day and I should've kept an eye out for the name of the movie, but I turned off the tv after a few commercials.)

My question here is if the comma and could in bold is used appropriately? Shouldn't it be can, because could sounds a bit hypothetical.

I would accept either "can" or "could". I prefer "could" because it based on him/her "saying the word". The comma is not technically correct because it used to separate two independent clauses. It creates a "comma splice".

I would accept either "can" or "could". I prefer "could" because it based on him/her "saying the word". The comma is not technically correct because it used to separate two independent clauses. It creates a "comma splice".

I'm all yours for the taking. Just say the word and we could be together forever.

A period will eliminate the comma splice I suppose?

A colon would also do, IMO.

I wouldn't use a colon there.

I'm all yours for the taking, just say the word and we could be together forever.

I assume that this was in subtitles.

I wouldn't use a colon there.
(MikeNewYork)

Neither would I.

A semicolon would be good.

A semicolon would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back