Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
It is known that nowadays a lot of people like using new technologies so many customers are used to by on-line as Sheila. Nevertheless, other ones as Charles prefer buying in a mall.

I've wrote this but I'm not sure if I have to put as or like. What is the diference in a sentence between as and like?? Thankyou.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]It is known that nowadays a lot of people like using new technologies so many customers are used to by on-line as Sheila. Nevertheless, other ones as Charles prefer buying in a mall.[/STRIKE]

We know that these days a lot of people, like Sheila, like to buy new technology online. However, other people, like Charles, prefer to buy it in a mall.

[STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I wrote this but I'm not sure if I have to put "as" or "like". What is the difference [STRIKE]in a sentence[/STRIKE] between "as" and "like"? [STRIKE]??[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Thankyou.[/STRIKE] Thank you.

See above.

You can say "Some people, like Sheila ..." or "Some people, such as Sheila ...". We don't say "Some people, as Sheila ...".

Status
Not open for further replies.